Repairs and Returns
We do offer a repair service although this is not in house. We use a number of repair agents and will send your equipment to the one most appropriate for your needs. All repairs are sent back to either the manufacturer or to an authorised repair agent. If the product has been damaged in anyway, even within its manufacturer's warranty, there will be a £20 Chargeable estimate.
The £20 charged will get you a no obligation repair quote. Should you agree to the repair quote, the £20 will be deducted from your total bill. If you refuse the estimate but decide to purchase replacement item, the £20 will be deducted from your bill. Repair times do vary from one company to another.
All repairs come with a 6 month warranty for the repair.
Please contact us for more information.
1. Subject to the right of consumers to return goods for refund under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Camera World Ltd does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
2. As. part of our CameraWorld Promise, we offer customers the opportunity to return goods up to 14 days after receipt (“the Returns Period”), subject to the terms and conditions in this returns policy.
3. You must prior to returning any goods received, contact us on 01438 367619 or by sending us an email with full details of your return to [email protected]. Failure to contact us in respect of a return or cancellation in line with one of the methods set out above will result in a delay in processing your refund or the product being returned to you. All authorised returns must be returned to CameraWorld Ltd, Returns Department, The Old Post Office, 13 High Street, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 3BG.
4. If you exercise your right to cancel your order after the goods have been despatched, you will be responsible for returning the goods to Camera World Ltd (within 14 days of notifying us) at your own risk and cost, therefore we strongly recommend you use an insured delivery method, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. For items which cannot ordinarily be returned by post, we will at your request use our reasonable endeavours to arrange a courier to collect the goods; the estimated maximum cost of this would be £15 per item for mainland UK addresses.
5. All returns are subject to the following conditions, except where the goods are faulty or incorrectly described on the Web Site.
- Your item is complete and in 'as new' saleable condition:
- If you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product or packaging
- You haven't used the item
- The item contains no personal data and hasn't been registered to a user
- The item must be returned within 14 days of you requesting to return it.
- While you have to pay to return the goods, we will refund the standard delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place (if you paid for delivery). If you opted for an enhanced service for example, before 9am, we will only refund the standard delivery cost.
- Any use of the product is relative to examining it, and ensuring it suits your needs. The extent to which you can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop. Camera World Ltd does not sell products on a trial basis.
- A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary. We may refuse the return of items without the original packaging or where it has been returned in poor condition.
- Software, memory cards and film can only be accepted if still sealed. This policy is to avoid any potential breach of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act (CDPA) 1988. All opened software is exempt from return under the terms of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Software that arrives damaged or is physically faulty may be returned under our normal returns policy.
- It is returned with the original box, packing and any accessories you received with it.
- A proof of purchase must be supplied.
- You also return any free gifts which came with the product, which also must be in their original packaging and in a saleable condition
- We will not refund any items that have been specially ordered to your individual specification or personalised.
- Gift Vouchers are not eligible for exchange or refund
- No item will be refunded if purchased during a cash back period and said cash back had been claimed by the purchaser.
6. Until such time as you return the goods to us you must take reasonable care of the item(s). Any use of or damage to the delivered goods or product packaging beyond that necessary to inspect the goods upon delivery may result in you incurring a restocking charge to cover the loss that we might reasonably expect to incur in reselling the item(s). We may refuse the return of items without the original packaging or where it has been returned in poor condition.
7. Subject to 6. above, if you exercise your right to cancel your order within 14 days (where the goods are not found to be faulty), we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
8. Faulty goods: For faulty goods we offer the following terms:
- You will always have the option of an exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 30 days of delivery.
- If the fault has occurred within the first six months after delivery but after the first 30 days, you can ask us to repair or replace faulty goods. However, we can, choose the solution that is more proportionate or practical for us. In the majority of cases, we will send an item for repair in the first instance. If the repair is unsuccessful, you can then claim a replacement or a full refund. Alternatively we will seek to agree a price reduction with you if you wish to keep the product.
- After six months, unless you can demonstrate that the fault was present at the time of original delivery or we have previously arranged a repair and this has failed to resolve the fault, our liability will be limited to providing you with reasonable support to make a claim under the manufacturer’s warranty, where applicable.
In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault and, if no fault is found, return the product to you. In these circumstances, no refund will be processed until the returned goods have been received by us and an appraisal made as to any fault. This promise does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
9. Any refund due to a fault or other defect will include a refund of the delivery charge. In such circumstances we will also pay for your costs of returning the goods (up to £10 in the UK). Beyond six months you will be responsible for covering the costs of returning the goods (unless you have been able to establish that the goods were defective at the time of original delivery, in which case we will reimburse your costs as set out above). We strongly recommend you use an insured method such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. Replacement goods are sent by standard delivery only (i.e. premium services are not available).
10. Refunds will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the returned products.
11. This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights. Details of your statutory rights are available from the citizens advice bureau or consumer direct.
If your product develops a fault then all you need to do is return it to us and we will repair it in line with your statutory rights. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product to verify the fault. Sorry, but this guarantee excludes items whose faults have been caused by customer neglect, misuse, accidental damage or fair wear and tear.
You will be required to provide the relevant store with reasonable proof of purchase (being either a receipt or deposit receipt). All products returned as faulty will be checked by CameraWorld and if found to have no fault may be returned to you. CameraWorld reserves the right to charge for the return of any products found to be without fault.
Other CameraWorld Services
At CameraWorld, we don't finish looking after you or your camera once you receive it. We're with you all the way.
As such, we have a range of services designed to keep your camera and your photographs safe.
From cleaning your sensor to getting back lost images, we're here for you.
Please contact us for more information.